PonyProg :  PonyProg Phorum PonyProg
PonyProg open discussion 
Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: E ()
Date: February 24, 2013 04:59PM

Dear Ponyprog,

Already enjoyed jusing your program for years!

Nowadays I want to get started with the "new" Atmel Mega 328 uC.
Only I discoverd there is no support with the newest version of P.P.

Can you please implement this processor? Would be great!!

Cheers,
Erik

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: Feliciano ()
Date: March 06, 2013 09:00PM

Dear Sr:

I'm experimenting the same problem, in my version of PonyProg, there isn't support
for ATmega 328 or 328P. The question is, how can I solve this problem?, is it possible for any one to modify such parameters so the program recognizes new chips?.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: ron roberts ()
Date: July 01, 2013 09:18AM

same as above need to program the Atmega328 328 328p please help

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 30, 2013 09:20PM

ron roberts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> same as above need to program the Atmega328 328
> 328p please help

Hello Ron,

I have created patch to PonyProg 2.08c source files with supporting some new signature bytes for atmega processors.

These changes I have implemented:

+added support for ATmega328P
+added new signature bytes recognition for atmel processors
0x1E 0x94 0x0B // new ATmega168PA (RG 28.09.2012)
0x1E 0x95 0x0F // new ATmega328P (RG 23.06.2012)
0x1E 0x94 0x0F // new ATmega164A (RG 30.08.2013)
0x1E 0x95 0x15 // new ATmega324A (RG 30.08.2013)
0x1E 0x95 0x11 // new ATmega324PA (RG 30.08.2013)
0x1E 0x96 0x0A // new ATmega644PA (RG 18.04.2012)

+added text "Detected signature bytes: 0x1E 0x?? 0x??" on the unknown device message window
+added text "Detected device is: ..." on the bad device type message window

You can download compiled win32 executable from here:
http://www.filedropper.com/ponyprog208crgv100

Best regards

RG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: RG ()
Date: October 30, 2013 09:38PM

RG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ron roberts Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > same as above need to program the Atmega328 328
> > 328p please help
>
> Hello Ron,
>
> I have created patch to PonyProg 2.08c source
> files with supporting some new signature bytes for
> atmega processors.
>
> These changes I have implemented:
>
> +added support for ATmega328P
> +added new signature bytes recognition for atmel
> processors
> 0x1E 0x94 0x0B // new ATmega168PA (RG 28.09.2012)
> 0x1E 0x95 0x0F // new ATmega328P (RG 23.06.2012)
> 0x1E 0x94 0x0F // new ATmega164A (RG 30.08.2013)
> 0x1E 0x95 0x15 // new ATmega324A (RG 30.08.2013)
> 0x1E 0x95 0x11 // new ATmega324PA (RG 30.08.2013)
> 0x1E 0x96 0x0A // new ATmega644PA (RG 18.04.2012)
>
> +added text "Detected signature bytes: 0x1E 0x??
> 0x??" on the unknown device message window
> +added text "Detected device is: ..." on the bad
> device type message window
>
> You can download compiled win32 executable from
> here:
> http://www.filedropper.com/ponyprog208crgv100
>
> Best regards
>
> RG

Due to download file link unavailability on the filedropper, I have created an alternative simple web page ( http://sonix.szm.com ) where you can download these files.

Best regards

RG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: lancos ()
Date: November 06, 2013 04:03PM

RG Wrote:
> > These changes I have implemented:
> >
> > +added support for ATmega328P
> > +added new signature bytes recognition for
> atmel
> > processors
> > 0x1E 0x94 0x0B // new ATmega168PA (RG
> 28.09.2012)
> > 0x1E 0x95 0x0F // new ATmega328P (RG
> 23.06.2012)
> > 0x1E 0x94 0x0F // new ATmega164A (RG
> 30.08.2013)
> > 0x1E 0x95 0x15 // new ATmega324A (RG
> 30.08.2013)
> > 0x1E 0x95 0x11 // new ATmega324PA (RG
> 30.08.2013)
> > 0x1E 0x96 0x0A // new ATmega644PA (RG
> 18.04.2012)
> >

These changes are on CVS now, will be released as 2.08d soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: bb ()
Date: November 15, 2013 11:22PM

Dear Sir,

i've tried the new Version.., but programming the Atmega328 doesn't work. Is the device signature 0x1e9514 from Atmega328 not integrated?

PonyProg said unknown device.

Can you help me?

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: sonix ()
Date: November 18, 2013 08:31PM

bb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dear Sir,
>
> i've tried the new Version.., but programming the
> Atmega328 doesn't work. Is the device signature
> 0x1e9514 from Atmega328 not integrated?
>
> PonyProg said unknown device.
>
> Can you help me?
>
> Thank you!


Hello bb.

I have precompiled executable win32 test version with supporting same new signature bytes from atmega processors.

These models I have not tested and the signature bytes are from datasheet.

0x1E 0x92 0x0A // new ATmega48PA (RG 18.11.2013)
0x1E 0x93 0x0F // new ATmega88PA (RG 18.11.2013)
0x1E 0x95 0x14 // new ATmega328 (RG 18.11.2013)


You can find it in the attachment.

Mr. Lanconelli will release official version soon.

Yours sincerely
sonix

Attachments: PonyProg208c_RGv100a.zip (184.4 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: bb ()
Date: November 30, 2013 03:14PM

Hello sonix,

wonderful - this is really a better way to program the 328. Meanwhile i programmed the chip with AVRdude.., but this works only with an delay of 180µs. No i can use PonyProg :-)

Big thanks!

Greetings
Björn

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: tokabln ()
Date: December 11, 2013 07:24AM

Good morning,

I also like to program the ATMega 328(P) but the above file doesn't work for me... when trying to program a 328P. I can select ATMega328 and I'm able to read the content and the Fuse settings of the 328P but when trying to write I'll receive an Error Notice -21

I'm using the Parallel Port AVR ISP I/O LPT1 setting which worked for other devices in the past.

Update:
AVRDUDE seems to have a similar problem as it reports:
Device signature = 0x1e9514
Expected signature for ATmega328P is 1e950F

Maybe this is the same problem with Ponyprog

Many thanks for some kind support

Regards TOKABLN - Germany (Berlin)



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2013 01:08PM by tokabln.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Atmega328 328 328p
Posted by: sonix ()
Date: December 11, 2013 06:16PM

Hello tokabln,

avrdude informed you about incorrect device selection. Signature bytes 0x1E 0x95 0x14 identifies ATmega328 and 0x1E 0x95 0x0F identifies ATmega328P. So in signature bytes there is no similarity with PonyProg. In PonyProg (my test version) are these signature bytes included, which is also confirmed by your mention of successful content reading.

What is the result when you execute Probe command from PonyProg menu Setup / Interface Setup with correct port settings? The result message should be "Test OK"


Anyway I suggest you to install latest official PonyProg from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ponyprog/files/latest/download

and then replace original PonyProg.exe with my modified version (windows 32-bit)


Best regards

sonix


tokabln Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good morning,
>
> I also like to program the ATMega 328(P) but the
> above file doesn't work for me... when trying to
> program a 328P. I can select ATMega328 and I'm
> able to read the content and the Fuse settings of
> the 328P but when trying to write I'll receive an
> Error Notice -21
>
> I'm using the Parallel Port AVR ISP I/O LPT1
> setting which worked for other devices in the
> past.
>
> Update:
> AVRDUDE seems to have a similar problem as it
> reports:
> Device signature = 0x1e9514
> Expected signature for ATmega328P is 1e950F
>
> Maybe this is the same problem with Ponyprog
>
> Many thanks for some kind support
>
> Regards TOKABLN - Germany (Berlin)

Options: ReplyQuote


Return to LancOS.
Powered by Phorum.