25080 SPI-Flash write issue
Posted by: snufru ()
Date: September 05, 2014 06:30PM

Hi all,

I have a problem when I try to write AT25080.
But on beginning:
- I'm using serial SI prog,
- tried several versions of Pony (2.06f, 2.07a, 2.07c, 2.08c),
- SI prog is externally powered.

I can read/write various AVR MCUs, I2C flash, etc. without any problem, but error message "Write failed" occurs when I try to programm AT25080. I tested a few pieces of this memory - every with same effect. Calibration of Pony gives OK message. There is one strange thing - when I fill the whole buffer with 0x00 or 0xFF everything is OK - "Write successful". But any (probably) other value, e.g 0x01 or 0xAA gives the above error message.
It can be seen on oscilloscope when you look at MISO line. 0x00 and 0xFF gives clear zeros or ones during verification phase, and other values gives garbage on this line. The waveform is not rectangular and has strange levels.
So what is wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
snufru

Re: 25080 SPI-Flash write issue
Posted by: Krazy_killer ()
Date: July 07, 2015 08:58AM

hello!

I also encountered the same problem, as the memory of the engine electronics control unit of the vehicle. well-read but not written.I tried the program IC-prog but the result is similar.
circuit of the iron from this site on the com port. an external power supply through 78l05 capacitors and resistors are all set as expected. other devices pierced holes

photos placed at : https://yadi.sk/d/XbnnjtxGhiMrX

Re: 25080 SPI-Flash write issue
Posted by: sonix ()
Date: July 07, 2015 09:19PM

Hi Krazy_killer,

I tried to read/write AT25080 (I don't have a 25C08) without any problems via standard PC serial port. I have also successfully written "your" binary file to my AT25080. So I think it is not the PonyProg issue.

Have you tried to program this eeprom as stand-alone device or only in-circuit?

Similar reading/writing problems can be caused by hw construction on PC's serial port or if you are using USB to serial converter there can be an issue as well. Maybe there is some difference in timings during write operation compared to the AT25080 or so.

sonix

Krazy_killer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hello!
>
> I also encountered the same problem, as the memory
> of the engine electronics control unit of the
> vehicle. well-read but not written.I tried the
> program IC-prog but the result is similar.
> circuit of the iron from this site on the com
> port. an external power supply through 78l05
> capacitors and resistors are all set as expected.
> other devices pierced holes
>
>
>
> photos placed at : https://yadi.sk/d/XbnnjtxGhiMrX