PonyProg :  PonyProg Phorum PonyProg
PonyProg open discussion 
ATTiny44 not suported?
Posted by: Freiburg ()
Date: January 07, 2015 08:43PM

I use ponyprog for ATMEGA8, ATMEGA32 with a serial interface. (SI-Prog base) I use (two old) PCs with a standard 9 Pin RS232 connector. All works perfect but not with a ATTiny44. O.k. It is not possible to aktivate a ATTiny44 but I found the information it should work, if I activate a ATTiny45.

(I tested the version 2.07a and als 2.07c with two different PCs (Windows XP and Windows 2000) but there is always the same problem.)

Thank you for some help.

Best regards

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ATTiny44 not suported?
Posted by: sonix ()
Date: January 08, 2015 08:06PM

Good evening Freiburg.

Could you please provide more information? What kind of problem do you mean?

In the attachment you will find the latest PonyProg2000.exe (v2.08d). Please backup your "old" .exe file in ponyprog folder and replace it by this one.

This version of PonyProg has (among other things) advanced message box window. So if there is connected unsupported device it shows also device signature from the connected device. If so, write here please the signature bytes (eg. 1E-92-07). I guess there is a problem. Anyway, if you click by unknown device message on "Ignore" button (by selected device ATtiny45) it must be able to read and write the ATtiny44 also. If this were OK, then I can try to add the new device to the PonyProg2000 software.


Yours sincerely
sonix


Freiburg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I use ponyprog for ATMEGA8, ATMEGA32 with a serial
> interface. (SI-Prog base) I use (two old) PCs with
> a standard 9 Pin RS232 connector. All works
> perfect but not with a ATTiny44. O.k. It is not
> possible to aktivate a ATTiny44 but I found the
> information it should work, if I activate a
> ATTiny45.
>
> (I tested the version 2.07a and als 2.07c with two
> different PCs (Windows XP and Windows 2000) but
> there is always the same problem.)
>
> Thank you for some help.
>
> Best regards



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2015 09:28PM by sonix.

Attachments: PonyProg2000_v2.08d.zip (195.8 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ATTiny44 not suported?
Posted by: Freiburg ()
Date: January 12, 2015 10:37PM

Thank you very much.
Now it works perfect.

I did the following tests:
I connected a ATtiny44 to ponyprog and selected a ATiny45.
If I will read or write the flash (or other functions) there is first the error message "unknown device" with the signature information: 1E-92-07
If I press the "Ignore" button the read or write function starts and works perfect.

Thank you very much for these grate program!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ATTiny44 not suported?
Posted by: sonix ()
Date: January 13, 2015 05:49PM

Good evening Freiburg.

I have compiled a new version of PonyProg2000 with support of ATtiny24, ATtiny44 and ATtiny84. Device selection is now possible from the menu. The file is attached. Can you please test this version and give me a feedback if the communication to ATtiny44 is now OK?

Thanks


Yours sincerely
sonix

Freiburg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you very much.
> Now it works perfect.
>
> I did the following tests:
> I connected a ATtiny44 to ponyprog and selected a
> ATiny45.
> If I will read or write the flash (or other
> functions) there is first the error message
> "unknown device" with the signature information:
> 1E-92-07
> If I press the "Ignore" button the read or write
> function starts and works perfect.
>
> Thank you very much for these grate program!

Attachments: PonyProg2000_2.08d_(1.01c).zip (195.9 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ATTiny44 not suported?
Posted by: Freiburg ()
Date: January 14, 2015 08:13PM

Hello sonix,

here my testreport:
I tested the software with my ATtiny44 Board an all works perfekt.
I can select the device and the read, write functions and so on works perfekt.

Thanks for your help.




sonix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good evening Freiburg.
>
> I have compiled a new version of PonyProg2000
> with support of ATtiny24, ATtiny44 and ATtiny84.
> Device selection is now possible from the menu.
> The file is attached. Can you please test this
> version and give me a feedback if the
> communication to ATtiny44 is now OK?
>
> Thanks
>
>
> Yours sincerely
> sonix
>
> Freiburg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thank you very much.
> > Now it works perfect.
> >
> > I did the following tests:
> > I connected a ATtiny44 to ponyprog and selected
> a
> > ATiny45.
> > If I will read or write the flash (or other
> > functions) there is first the error message
> > "unknown device" with the signature
> information:
> > 1E-92-07
> > If I press the "Ignore" button the read or
> write
> > function starts and works perfect.
> >
> > Thank you very much for these grate program!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ATTiny44 not suported?
Posted by: sonix ()
Date: January 14, 2015 08:58PM

Good evening Freiburg.

You're welcome smiling smiley

Yours sincerely
sonix

Freiburg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello sonix,
>
> here my testreport:
> I tested the software with my ATtiny44 Board an
> all works perfekt.
> I can select the device and the read, write
> functions and so on works perfekt.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
>
>
>
> sonix Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Good evening Freiburg.
> >
> > I have compiled a new version of PonyProg2000
> > with support of ATtiny24, ATtiny44 and
> ATtiny84.
> > Device selection is now possible from the menu.
> > The file is attached. Can you please test this
> > version and give me a feedback if the
> > communication to ATtiny44 is now OK?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
> > Yours sincerely
> > sonix
> >
> > Freiburg Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Thank you very much.
> > > Now it works perfect.
> > >
> > > I did the following tests:
> > > I connected a ATtiny44 to ponyprog and
> selected
> > a
> > > ATiny45.
> > > If I will read or write the flash (or other
> > > functions) there is first the error message
> > > "unknown device" with the signature
> > information:
> > > 1E-92-07
> > > If I press the "Ignore" button the read or
> > write
> > > function starts and works perfect.
> > >
> > > Thank you very much for these grate program!

Options: ReplyQuote


Return to LancOS.
Powered by Phorum.