Writing fails beyond 256 bits for EEPROM IC 24AA02
Date: April 09, 2015 11:17AM
I am trying to write and read the EEPROM device 24AA02 through parallel port using PonyProg (v2.07c BETA). The circuit is as per given in below link :
To write my device with some random data, I am following the below Procedure (using Windows XP PC):
1. In Interface set up menu, LPT1 Port is selected. Easy I2C I/O is choosed.
2. In Device Menu : I2C Bus 8-bit eeprom - 24xx Auto is selected.
3. A .hex file is generated using Note pad++. I have created 2 .hex files (Test1 and Test2).
4. The .hex file is opened using Open Device option in the File Menu.
5. Later once the file is opened, Write All Command is selected to write the EEPROM.
6. After successfull write, Read All Command is selected to Read the EEPROM.
7. Tes1.hex file had random data through the 2048 bit locations (0X0000 to 0X07FF). The Device write was failed when Write All command is selected.
8. Later after couple of experiments, Test2.hex file was created. This file had random data in 1st 256 bit locations (0X0000 to 0X00FF). These data are repeated for rest of the file locations in 7 blocks (0X0100 to 0X01FF, 0X0200 to 0X02FF, 0X0300 to 0X03FF, 0X0400 to 0X04FF, 0X0500 to 0X05FF, 0X0600 to 0X06FF, 0X0700 to 0X07FF). In this case the write was successfull and I could able to read also.
If I change even a single bit in any of the 256 bit location of Test2.hex file the write will fail.
What is the reason for this observation?
What are the changes I need to make to write 8 blocks with different set of data? Am I following the proper procedure?
I request you to provide your suggestions.