PonyProg :  PonyProg Phorum PonyProg
PonyProg open discussion 
SPI EEPROM 25lc256 configuration bits
Posted by: bonmis ()
Date: June 15, 2017 06:41PM

Hello
I try set configuration bits on SPI EEPROM 25lc256 (need as in attachment), use AVR ISP I/O programmer on LPT port. When open Configuration and Security bits window, all options is disabled, can't check anyone.
Trying on Windows and Linux ponyprog version, on the both this same.
Where is the problem ?
Bonmis

Attachments: config bits.PNG (27.9 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPI EEPROM 25lc256 configuration bits
Posted by: sonix ()
Date: June 15, 2017 08:04PM

Hi bonmis,

which version of PonyProg do you use?

I haven't seen the "screen" you attached in PonyProg version 2.08d.


sonix


bonmis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello
> I try set configuration bits on SPI EEPROM 25lc256
> (need as in attachment), use AVR ISP I/O
> programmer on LPT port. When open Configuration
> and Security bits window, all options is disabled,
> can't check anyone.
> Trying on Windows and Linux ponyprog version, on
> the both this same.
> Where is the problem ?
> Bonmis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPI EEPROM 25lc256 configuration bits
Posted by: bonmis ()
Date: June 16, 2017 06:41AM

Hi
I using version 2.08d, screen from ponyprog in attachment.
If push read is the same. Program eeprom is read correctly.

Bonmis

Attachments: pony config bits.PNG (34.5 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPI EEPROM 25lc256 configuration bits
Posted by: sonix ()
Date: June 16, 2017 09:39PM

Hi Bonmis,

thanks for the clarification. I checked it in the source code of PonyProg and unfortunately this function is only available for Atmel & PIC microcontrollers and Microchp eeproms 24C64/24C65 but NOT for other device types.

Yours sincerely
sonix


bonmis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi
> I using version 2.08d, screen from ponyprog in
> attachment.
> If push read is the same. Program eeprom is read
> correctly.
>
> Bonmis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPI EEPROM 25lc256 configuration bits
Posted by: bonmis ()
Date: June 16, 2017 09:53PM

Thank you for your reply.
Is it possible to change in your application?
Do i need to look for another programmer / application ?

Bonmis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPI EEPROM 25lc256 configuration bits
Posted by: sonix ()
Date: June 17, 2017 06:31PM

Hi Bonmis,

firstly I am NOT creator of PonyProg. The creator is Mr.Claudio Lanconelli (nickname lancos).
I am user who is interested in modifying this application within my capabilities. Therefore as hobby programmer (not experienced in C++) I am not able to add new functions into it. I understand the theory of electrical functionality but I do not know how to "translate" it into C++ code. I can only adapt existing code. Most of my knowledge of PonyProg functionality is based on studying the source code and tracing the program execution during its runtime in the Code:Blocks integrated development environment (IDE).


Yours sincerely
sonix

bonmis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you for your reply.
> Is it possible to change in your application?
> Do i need to look for another programmer /
> application ?
>
> Bonmis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SPI EEPROM 25lc256 configuration bits
Posted by: bonmis ()
Date: June 18, 2017 07:08PM

Now all is clear smiling smiley
Finnaly, I used SiProg and icprog software and works fine.

Thank you

Bonmis

Options: ReplyQuote


Return to LancOS.
Powered by Phorum.