PonyProg :  PonyProg Phorum PonyProg
PonyProg open discussion 
I can´t write a Atmega8 Error -24
Posted by: nocturno1109 ()
Date: January 15, 2009 03:01AM

Hi:
I can´t write the micro Atmega8 with PonyProg2000. The interfaz [AVR ISP] has been tested and say Test Ok but when i want to write the device appears error -24: Device unknow.

I provide 5V Vcc.

Help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I can´t write a Atmega8 Error -24
Posted by: Nihilant ()
Date: April 07, 2009 10:31AM

Hello! I had a such problem, when I used 32 kHz quartz with suitable CKSEL bits. The problem was solved after changing (resoldering) 32 kHz to 500 kHz quartz and after that reprogramming fuse bits to internal 1 MHz oscillator. Now I am using asynchronous mode of T/C2 if I need real time clock with 32 kHz quartz on XTAL1, XTAL2 as real time generator and internal 1 MHz oscillator as system clock generator. I hope I helped you.

Posted by: ckeays ()
Date: May 29, 2009 12:25AM

I had some atmega8 devices (and some attiny2313’s) that I messed up. No matter what I did, I could not recover them. I did not want to order some more until I needed some other parts (to save the shipping cost).

I did find a good programmer to fix every single one of my avr’s here:

http://www.microcontrollerprog.com

Posted by: ckeays ()
Date: May 29, 2009 12:27AM

I had some atmega8 devices (and some attiny2313’s) that I messed up. No matter what I did, I could not recover them. I did not want to order some more until I needed some other parts (to save the shipping cost).

I did find a good programmer to fix every single one of my avr’s here:

microcontrollerprog dot com

Return to LancOS.