PonyProg :  PonyProg Phorum PonyProg
PonyProg open discussion 
I2CBus Stop condition error (bad timing?) (-20)
Posted by: GabiC ()
Date: March 17, 2007 12:20PM

I receve this error message "I2CBus Stop condition error (bad timing?) (-20)" when i try to read 24cXX with a usb to serial adaptor.The other type of eeprom work ok(tested with 93c46).When i use Icprog with same programmer it read the 24cXX but very slow.
Ther is a solution for this or not?
Thank You

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I2CBus Stop condition error (bad timing?) (-20)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 08, 2008 04:13AM

I have the same problem with the Parallel port to EasyI2C adaptor. The "Probe" test works fine, and pulls one transistor up and the other down, but I get this "bad timing" error.

"I2CBus Stop condition error (bad timing?) (-20)"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2008 04:19AM by endolith.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 08, 2008 05:03AM

It works in Windows, though! Hooray!

I had to configure the parallel port, though. "Probe" did not work, but then I clicked "Enable legacy Plug and Play detection" in the Device Manager and it works now.

(It works on another Windows computer, too. So the timing error seems to be Linux-only. I ran the program using sudo, and it was able to "Probe" the parallel port with easyI2C attached, but was not able to read or write.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2008 10:25PM by endolith.

Attachments: parallel port config.png (51.4 KB)  
Posted by: tendi ()
Date: January 31, 2008 09:04AM

I am also having this "...Bus Stop condition error..(-20) on my wimdowsxp home edition when i try to read any 24xxx devices. i am using the parallel port LPT1.I tried the "enable plug&play.." but it still shows this error? The probe and calibration ALL test ok. Surprisingly the same program runs very well on my other computer, windowsxp professional edition.Could this be my printer port?

Posted by: Ruslan ()
Date: June 11, 2009 06:15PM

You get rid of this problrem?
How?

p.s. To make an excuse for my english )

Posted by: NE555 ()
Date: April 17, 2012 04:17PM

hello, I have same problem ((((
what mode of LPT Port I have to set in SETUP of BIOS of my motherboard? here is a screenshoot
http://i43.tinypic.com/4iyo2b.jpg