PonyProg :  PonyProg Phorum PonyProg
PonyProg open discussion 
Always the same troulbe
Posted by: desigabri ()
Date: September 10, 2009 05:08PM

I read here that a lot of people have problems about writing devices altought reading works fine.
I have the same problem with a SPANSION SL25F064. It is a 8Mb large serial FLASH and it doesn't exist as original into the definition list.

For true it's very similar to the M25P64, and others. May be that it isn't completely the same so when i try to write I'm not able to do it. I read in a similar post that when the definition chip isn't right it is possible to be able reading it and NOT writing it.
Does anyone know if there are other problems that can cause writing fail when reading works fine?
Security bits stay unmodificable so I can't understand if the flash is simply write protected

I read that it should be possible adding new adapter definitions and chips but I didn't find any ini file or config file. who knows how could i add new definitions?

I write a new post because I'm not able to answer to the others: the forum botter me asking for login again and after I relogged I need search the post again and if I try to answer forum ask me to login again and again!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 05:11PM by desigabri.

Options: ReplyQuote